16 Mar Campus do Mar
Campus do Mar
Sector: Marine research
The Campus of International Excellence, Campus do Mar, represents an R&D network of more than 3,500 researchers from 25 institutions in the area of Marine Sciences and Technologies, implemented throughout the Galicia-North Portugal Euroregion, which aims to train the best professionals and researchers, generate quality research with international impact and provide industry with the best tools to compete on a global scale.
Since obtaining the CEI-R seal of excellence in 2010, Campus do Mar has worked to position itself as an aggregator of the marine and maritime interests of the Euroregion and as an international reference on ocean knowledge.
Marine research organized in four R&D clusters:
- Ocean Observation and Global Change
- Sustainable Use of Marine Resources
- Integrated Management of the Coastal Zone and Technological Progress and Business Management
Campus do Mar involved as a Coordinator or partner:
- BLUEBIOLAB -Transboundary Marine Biotechnology Laboratory (POCTEP, 2018-2021)
- MARENET – Atlantic Maritime Ecosystem Network (H2020-BLUE CAREERS, 2019-2021)
- SHERPA DO MAR- Euroregional platform for the promotion of competitiveness in the marine environment through the promotion of technology-based companies (POCTEP, 2017-2021)
- EBB · European Marine Biological Resource Centre Biobank (2017-2020) (Interreg Atlantic Area)